Brazil, you say? They know how to play football over there, don't they? But it's a long way for one so middle aged as I to travel.

So instead, I shall slouch into my leather armchair and view the tournament from this side of the Atlantic. I shall try and watch every game and will definitely make wildly inaccurate predictions too.

I do solemnly vow to give you a real sense of what it's like to not be at the World Cup. This is the blog where all the colour and atmosphere and passion of watching the world's greatest sporting tournament on a wall mounted widescreen really comes to life.

Thursday 10 April 2014

Four years? It seems like only 1460 days

It's back.
The World Cup Blog that's like no other.
Only because no two World Cup blogs can be alike.
But this one is the real deal.
Its writer (me) is going nowhere near Brazil.
I'm staying right here, thank you very much, and watching the tournament on me telly.
Not for me all those air miles and humidity and carnivalesque pre-match atmospheres.
Just a quiet can or four of cooking lager will suffice, along with a comfy chair with an uninterrupted view of my wall-mounted widescreen (we are all allowed an extravagance, are we not?).
It promises to be irreverent and certainly irrelevant, so why not bookmark me and check back regularly for some opinions, facts, fictions, reports and wildly inaccurate predictions.
Until then...