Brazil, you say? They know how to play football over there, don't they? But it's a long way for one so middle aged as I to travel.

So instead, I shall slouch into my leather armchair and view the tournament from this side of the Atlantic. I shall try and watch every game and will definitely make wildly inaccurate predictions too.

I do solemnly vow to give you a real sense of what it's like to not be at the World Cup. This is the blog where all the colour and atmosphere and passion of watching the world's greatest sporting tournament on a wall mounted widescreen really comes to life.

Thursday 26 June 2014

They finished 27th: CROATIA

Oh, those distinctive red and white squared shirts always remind me of World Cup 98 when the Croats were at the peak of their powers. An exciting team with pace and flair.

Didn't catch much of them this time around save for during the opener when they gave the hosts a shock by going one-up. It was all downhill from there, but they remain a team that retains the skill to pull a surprise.  See you at the Euros.