Brazil, you say? They know how to play football over there, don't they? But it's a long way for one so middle aged as I to travel.

So instead, I shall slouch into my leather armchair and view the tournament from this side of the Atlantic. I shall try and watch every game and will definitely make wildly inaccurate predictions too.

I do solemnly vow to give you a real sense of what it's like to not be at the World Cup. This is the blog where all the colour and atmosphere and passion of watching the world's greatest sporting tournament on a wall mounted widescreen really comes to life.

Thursday 15 May 2014

Who Will Win World Cup Group F?

Soothsayers, clairvoyants, astrologers, and other people who can read tea leaves and stuff. Your services are not required in order for the question posed in the title of this post to be answered.

If ever there was a Group in this World Cup where the winners were a foregone conclusion, then Group F, (for foregone conclusion) is that Group.

IRAN will walk it.

I mean ARGENTINA.

They have met their nearest challengers NIGERIA three times in World Cups and won all three (in 1994, 2002 and as I briefly reported on, in 2010. All three wins were in the Group stages.

BOSNIA remain the relative unknowns of the group, but I think they will battle it out for 3rd and 4th here with the IRANIANS. I remain fervently anti-Europe's chances in this World Cup (despite being European myself). Euro teams have never triumphed on South American soil and will be drained by the heat and humidity here.

GROUP F PREDICTIONS: 1: ARGENTINA  2: NIGERIA  3 Bosnia  4 Iran