Brazil, you say? They know how to play football over there, don't they? But it's a long way for one so middle aged as I to travel.

So instead, I shall slouch into my leather armchair and view the tournament from this side of the Atlantic. I shall try and watch every game and will definitely make wildly inaccurate predictions too.

I do solemnly vow to give you a real sense of what it's like to not be at the World Cup. This is the blog where all the colour and atmosphere and passion of watching the world's greatest sporting tournament on a wall mounted widescreen really comes to life.

Tuesday 20 May 2014

World Cup 2014 Who Will Qualify From Group H?

This Group contains potentially the most exciting and unpredictable team in the tournament.

No, not ALGERIA.

Not since the days of Scifo and Ceulemanns has BELGIUM had such a talented array of players, and the squad they have now has an embarrassment of riches that could eclipse anything the nation has ever achieved in a major tournament.

England does not expect anything in 2014, but I suspect Belgium does.

But will the pressure of expectation prove too much.

I don't think so, and I think this is their Group for the taking.

From where I'm sitting, I like SOUTH KOREA for second, with RUSSIA third and ALGERIA propping up everyone else.

But all eyes will be on the BELGIANS...

1: BELGIUM. 2. SOUTH KOREA. 3  Russia. 4. Algeria