Brazil, you say? They know how to play football over there, don't they? But it's a long way for one so middle aged as I to travel.

So instead, I shall slouch into my leather armchair and view the tournament from this side of the Atlantic. I shall try and watch every game and will definitely make wildly inaccurate predictions too.

I do solemnly vow to give you a real sense of what it's like to not be at the World Cup. This is the blog where all the colour and atmosphere and passion of watching the world's greatest sporting tournament on a wall mounted widescreen really comes to life.

Sunday 18 May 2014

World Cup 2014, Round of 16 Predictions Part I

So, my Group predictions throw up the following clashes in the top half of the round of 16. And there's a strong South American theme to the first two ties. And no sign of England anywhere...

BRAZIL  v  CHILE

COLOMBIA  v  URUGUAY

SPAIN  v  CAMEROON

ITALY  v  IVORY COAST