Brazil, you say? They know how to play football over there, don't they? But it's a long way for one so middle aged as I to travel.

So instead, I shall slouch into my leather armchair and view the tournament from this side of the Atlantic. I shall try and watch every game and will definitely make wildly inaccurate predictions too.

I do solemnly vow to give you a real sense of what it's like to not be at the World Cup. This is the blog where all the colour and atmosphere and passion of watching the world's greatest sporting tournament on a wall mounted widescreen really comes to life.

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Who Will Reach The Semi-Finals of World Cup 2014?

My word, we are so close to the tournament kicking off, I can almost smell the leather in the centre circle. No, wait. That's my leather sofa I'm reclining on, as I await kick off with the keenness of a World Cup player with a squad number over 17 partaking in a training session in front of his manager.

While-I-Wait, I've nailed my semi-final line-up and it looks like this:

BRAZIL  v  GERMANY

SPAIN v  ARGENTINA

A veritable double-header of Europe vs South America, all with previous World Cup lifting experience.
But who will prevail and make it to the final? Let me think on that awhile. In the meantime, get your semi-final predictions in...