Brazil, you say? They know how to play football over there, don't they? But it's a long way for one so middle aged as I to travel.

So instead, I shall slouch into my leather armchair and view the tournament from this side of the Atlantic. I shall try and watch every game and will definitely make wildly inaccurate predictions too.

I do solemnly vow to give you a real sense of what it's like to not be at the World Cup. This is the blog where all the colour and atmosphere and passion of watching the world's greatest sporting tournament on a wall mounted widescreen really comes to life.

Sunday 29 June 2014

World Cup 2014 Round Of 16 Predictions - Monday 30 June Games

It's a Europe v Africa day today...

FRANCE v NIGERIA It's the French for me all the way here. They've looked majestic so far, untroubled by any of their opponents. But they haven't faced any of the real contenders yet, and few would put Nigeria in that bracket. 3-1 to France, and all done and dusted in the 90.

GERMANY v ALGERIA Call me biased toward Europe, but it would be a Major Major shock if the Germans didn't win this comfortably. There's always a nagging doubt, especially in a World Cup like this that has thrown up its fair share of shocks. But just can't see it happening here. The Germans rarely get knocked out earlier than the Quarter Finals. 2-0 for me, without the need for any of that exhausting extra time.